Saturday, May 31, 2014

34 Weeks: The Countdown!

Only 6 more weeks until my due date!
How crazy is that??

Summer is here and being out of school
has never felt so good!
The weather is heating up fast 
and our poor little apartment
has no air conditioning or swamp cooler.
There have been days I'm dying of heat 
and it's only going to get worse :(
So we are going to get creative
and make our own cooling system!
We will see how it works out.

We have had some really fun days outside
having BBQs and playing bocce ball with friends.
I LOVE springtime!




Our amazing friends :)

Since my last post I have had 2 amazing baby showers.
I have nothing but gratitude for all the amazing
women in my life that care so much for me
and my family.
Thank you to everyone!
Being on a tight newlywed/college student budget,
every gift helps :)
We have been spoiled to receive everything
we NEED for our little girl on the way.
I'm not sure how we would have done it without you all :)

Here are a few fun pictures from both my showers:




















At my shower in Utah, 
I had two cousins and an aunt
who were also pregnant. 
Here is a picture of us,
and then how we really felt :)




It was awesome.
I also had Matt's cousin there who is also expecting!
It was a room full of expecting mommies :)

After we brought all of our gifts home, 
our nursery looked like this.


Quite amazing :)
Then after organizing and separating all the clothes by size,
and figuring out what we still need,
the nursery looked much better.



Now we just need to get a dresser
so that we can really get the room organized
and ready for our girl :)

We got a lot of gift cards from our showers,
that we were able to go and pick out a fun travel system!
It took us a while to figure out the one we wanted,
but once we saw the sale, 
we jumped on it and finally got it yesterday!


I'm so excited to put it together!
We are finally crossing things off of our to-do-list
of things to do and buy before she gets here.
It feels good :)
We also get to start our birth class finally.
I'm nervous and excited 
and I don't know what to expect.
I'll update on how that goes :)

So some updates on what has changed since my last post
about how I have been feeling.
It's routine now to be tossing and turning
all throughout the night
since my belly just keeps getting bigger!
The heat doesn't help me sleep either,
but it's not too bad yet :)
The secret to getting a good nights sleep
is a good size bed,
lots of pillows, 
and a fan.
A recipe for success ;)

At my last midwife appointment,
our little girl is big enough 
that I could actually feel where her head and bottom were!
I could bobble them back and forth and it was so fun!
Matt also got to feel and the smile on his face was priceless :)
Watching him get excited about our baby girl
brings me such happiness and excitement
for her to arrive.
Our little girl was also head down and sitting low enough
that there is less than a 3% chance she will turn.
Such good and relieving news :)
She is getting quite big 
and loves to hang out in mom's ribs.
I'm also starting to get that "hunger for air".
It's happening more and more now 
where I will be sitting down and cannot breath. 
Whatever she is doing in there
cuts off my air supply once and a while.
She is just up to no good ;)

Matt is going to be such a good dad.
We had the opportunity to watch my friend's 5 month old son,
and it gave us a little taste of being parents.
He was so cute with this little boy :)
He helped him go to sleep
and calmed him down when he cried.
Matt also talks to our little girl
even though she isn't here yet.
It is so cute!
I'm so ready to bring this little girl into the world,
and grow our little family by 2 feet :)

So here is my 34 week baby bump picture.
Matt's blog post and pregnancy picture definitely trumps mine,
but here it is :)
We have gained a total of 23 pounds so far.
She is the size of a cantaloupe,
which is just under 5 pounds.
I have around a 5 pound baby inside of me :)
It's so fun to think about.






1 comment:

  1. Still sooooo cute, Britt! Thanks for doing the blog posts. I love looking at them. :)

    ReplyDelete