Saturday, March 15, 2014

23 Weeks Pregnant: Acid Reflux and more!

23 Weeks!

I meant to take a picture last week
of the baby bump, I have been so crazy busy!
I'm really looking forward to have a more lax schedule.
Only one more month of school
and then I'll just be working part time.
I'm excited to have more time for myself
and to prepare to for this little girl :)

As far as what I do everyday and my schedule,
not much has really changed.
However, my body is CONSTANTLY changing
and I get to experience new things every week! 
Lucky me :)

So I mentioned a couple weeks ago
about having some acid pains.
Well...
They got worse...much worse!

They get so bad sometimes
that my heart feels like its beating really really fast
and then I have acid that just sits in my lower throat
and makes me super uncomfortable!
If there are any pregnant mommies out there
reading my post,
here are two things I have found helpful:

1. Take papaya enzymes! 
They are such a lifesaver!
Most people will take Tums to get rid of the acid, 
but they are actually not good for you!
Your body gets addicted to them
and starts to rely on them too much. 
So these papaya enzymes do the trick
and are good for you :)

2. Don't eat a big meal before bed

Especially citrus based foods (obviously).
I think it's crazy to tell a pregnant woman
that she can't eat right before bed.
When you do eat dinner, don't guzzle water.
Drinking in small amounts and in sips
has SAVED my nights from acid sometimes!

Other than the acid and occasion rib pain

that comes from everything moving inside of me,
I have been feeling great!
I still have not had a day where I have thrown up
and I am very blessed for that.

My baby girl is starting to move like crazy!

She is getting bigger and stronger every day.
My friends have been able to feel her move now,
which is way fun for me :)
It gets quite distracting at school
when she decides to do karate inside of me!

I'm definitely growing bigger!

My stomach has popped again
and it's no longer a guess 
and people don't take a second look
to see if I'm pregnant.
I have days where I feel HUGE!
And I will only get bigger from here :)
I'm putting vitamin E oil on my stomach
to try and avoid stretch marks as much as I can,
but I feel like it's inevitable.

Matt and I took a trip to Gilbert, Arizona

last weekend to see his family.
We may not have seen them till our girl was born,
and that was not ok for us :)
It was so beautiful and relaxing.
We went to the park and went swimming. 
It was gorgeous!
We also went to visit the Gilbert temple.
It's AMAZING!



I miss family time.
It is really hard to live far from our immediate family
at such an important and fun time in our lives.
But we are so blessed to be able to
visit them and have the means to do so.

My sister-in-law Heather

gave us the most adorable girl clothes!



These are the first clothes we have for our girl,
and it gets me SO excited!
I'm ready for a daughter :)

These past few weeks I bought some clothes for myself.
MATERNITY CLOTHES!
It was a little weird for me,
especially buying maternity pants.
They have that weird extra fabric along the waist
that makes them look really funny!
But I'm just happy to have comfortable jeans
and clothes that fit!
I also had fun buying some fun ones too :)


So that's pretty much everything that has changed
since I last posted.
We have some fun trips coming up
to Florida and California,
and then my baby showers.
So we will have some fun things to share :)

Oh, and here is my baby bump picture!





No comments:

Post a Comment