Friday, April 18, 2014

28 Weeks: 3rd Trimester!

28 Weeks!

I am officially in my 3rd trimester!
WAHOO!
I am starting to freak out a little bit though,
I'll be honest.
It's getting closer and closer to when 
this baby will need to come out.
And that is a nerve wrecking feeling I must say!

But now that school is pretty much done
and I'm only working part time,
I will have time to get ready for this little girl.
We have not bought much for her yet,
but we have cleaned out our
second bedroom to make room for her :)
It gets tricky when you don't have a garage
to store your things,
especially when you have enough random stuff
as Matt and I do. 

I'm excited to start getting furniture
and putting her room together :)
I'm totally in a nesting mood and I'm so excited!
Bring on the projects!

Not only are we preparing for her nursery,
I'm trying to prepare for this thing called 
giving birth.
Scary!
Since I'm planning on giving birth naturally,
I need to be mentally prepared and not just
"gut my way through".
So starting in May, 
Matt and I are going to be taking a birthing class
called Hypnobabies :)
It sounds funny, but it's a class
that teaches you how to deal with the pain.
I'm really excited to start taking it :)

As I think about it,
I went through a couple stages
of processing this pregnancy.

1. Bliss and joy of finding out
2. Telling family and friends the exciting news
3. Actually realizing I'm pregnant
4. My belly is growing, I must be pregnant!
5. I'm starting to get uncomfortable with this belly
6. I only have 3 months left to get ready!
7. Can we really afford this child?
8. Can I really give birth?!

I'm sure there will be many more stages I'll go through
but it definitely hit me in waves.


So there is not much to really update with this post.
We went to Florida with my family last week,
but I'll be making another post about our trip :)
It was hard to travel while being pregnant.
I got really bad acid while on the airplane
and that was NOT fun!

The acid is starting to come more frequently
as my insides continue to make room for baby.
My belly is growing like crazy now as well!
I can now see her kick and move my stomach.
It's so weird to actually see it!
It's such a miracle and blessing,
but I must say it is very alien to me to see :)

My hips have widened even more
and I've gained more weight.
I have gained 20 pounds so far this pregnancy!
I'm supposed to gain another 10,
so we will see what the grand total comes to be ;)
My feet are also swelling all the time.
It looks like I have marshmallow toes sometimes.

Here is my first baby bump picture
of my 3rd trimester!
She is the size of an eggplant and 14 1/2 inches long :)




3 comments:

  1. Ha, Ha, I love how your necklaces will now rest softly on your belly. That's cute! How come I didn't see the marshmallow toes? You will have to show me when you come home. Sorry that Florida ran you ragged! You are such a trooper! Looking forward to you getting some good rest and nesting time after finals. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I have decided you are the cutest pregnant person I have ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so awesome that you are keeping a written record of your pregnancy. I should have been better at that with all the blogging I do now, but I didn't think about it then.

    ReplyDelete