Wednesday, February 12, 2014

It's a Girl!

It's a Girl!





We had our ultrasound on Monday
to find out the gender of our baby, 
and
 We're going to have a daughter!! :)

How crazy and real is that??
Matt and I are over the moon
about bringing a precious little girl into this world.
We thought we might have a boy,
but were pleasantly surprised when he told us
we would be having a girl :)

To no surprise though,
both of our maternal lines going back a couple generations
have all had a girl first :)
So we are just keeping up the tradition!

I can honestly say that I am still in shock.
There is nothing but pure joy,
but how can we fully understand 
what is about to happen in our lives?
This little girl is going to change our world!
For the better of course,
but it is such a positive overwhelming feeling
that really cannot be described :)
We are thrilled!

So let me start out by telling you 
some of the exciting things we are looking forward to
with having a girl :)

First, this little girl is going to have 
a special place in her daddy's heart.
She already has him wrapped around her finger
and he will be the first to admit that!
It's such a tender and precious thing
to see my husband get so excited over having a little girl :)

Second, we are already planning out a theme for her room!
We are loving an ocean theme 
and Matt is in his creative painting mood
so good things are to come!

Third, I'm SO excited to have a mini-me!
I hope she is a toe head with really big eyes :)
Maybe she will even get her dad's gorgeous blue eyes!
Can you imagine a little toe head
mini Brittany and Matt running around??
Hehe :)
Get ready!

If you know me, you know that I'm not super girly.
So there are a couple things that I am nervous for.
I'm a little nervous that I will be one of those moms
who does not know how to do her daughters hair
in the mornings.
I will make an attempt, but I make no promises!
I'm also nervous for the color pink!
Pink is an ok color,
but when it is bright and EVERYWHERE,
no thanks :)
So if it becomes her favorite color,
I'm in trouble. 
Pastel pinks are just fine and I will get over it.
But why is pink the universal girl color??

It's time to get ready for barbies and dolls as well!

We already have a name picked out,
but I'm afraid to type it since we are not sure on the spelling yet.
But she will have the middle name of Nicole,
just like her mom :)

I think that's what I'm most excited for.
To see how much she is like me.
But at the same time, 
I'm scared if she comes out JUST like me!
Let's just hope she gets the best of me
and the best of Matt :)

I had the awesome opportunity to feel her move today!
It wasn't a usual bubble,
something was actually moving in my stomach.
I could feel her from the inside,
and then put my hand on the outside to see if I could feel her at all.
And I did :)
It was small and it probably took her whole body
hitting the side to allow me to feel her,
but I did :)
I can't wait until it becomes more frequent
and Matt can feel his daughter.
So precious.

The relationship between a mother and her daughter
is priceless.
I think about the relationship I have with my mom
and I could only hope and pray it will be that way
with my daughter :)
I can't wait to just experience life with her
and be a shoulder to cry on when boys are stupid, 
because that's what moms are for!

I am going to be a mother.
That's a fact!
And what an honor and privilege this is going to be :)

Here are a couple ultrasound pictures
of our little girl :)
When he first showed her to us,
she was moving her mouth as if she was eating!
We got to see her swallow and chew,
It totally made it real for me.







I'm sure reality will kick in soon,
and Matt and I will come out of shock.
But until then, this is all I have to share!
As we start planning her room,
having baby showers,
and I continue to grow even more,
there will be plenty more to come :)

So stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my! So much to say! Okay 1) When I was young like you, I feared having girls. I worried that I wouldn't have a good relationship with a girl, that I'd end up smothering her or making her feel like I did with my mom growing up. I thought boys were safer because it would be new, and I could make it up as I went a long. Plus, Kelly's a great boy, and he would help me. :) As time went on and I healed from my upbringing, I wanted a girl. I wasn't afraid anymore, and I felt that I could give her the moon. It was going to be okay either way of course, but a girl it was. And then another. Two girls, just like my mom had, but without the baggage. It has been healing to have daughters because I can give them all of the love I have in a way that isn't tainted with my past. And they have such a great dad too, which just makes it sweeter (he didn't care either). That was a long statement, but there it is. 2) You are the first in your family and a girl. No one will understand that better than you, and you'll be able to understand exactly what she's feeling about her place in the family without her even having to tell you. 3) You've had a great relationship with your mom, and it will be sweet to have the same with your daughter. 4) Heather's 2nd Halloween costume was a pirate. Jenna's was a cowgirl. Birthday parties have had Scooby Doo and Jedi themes. My girls didn't like the Barbies or the dolls! They played with their Harry Potter and Star Wars action figures. They had tea parties, but not in pink dresses. Many times there would be a bow and arrow slung over their backs while they drank the tea. It's just so random what they love. 5) Auntie Melissa (me) can do hair and teach baby's momma a thing or two about easy and cute hair. :) 6) You will remember this time in your life forever, especially when your daughter starts seminary and high school. 7) Love the ocean theme! 8) You and Matt are going to be fantastic parents, and that baby is going to be so loved! I think that's it for now. I have waxed philosophical and actually kept it shorter than I could if you can believe that?!? :D xoxo

    ReplyDelete